Locals’ Yoga with Catherine “Sandwich” Turner at Skinny Legs – Daily, except Sundays, 8 AM to 9:30 AM, August 18th to October 6th – Donation based (suggested donation $5 to $15 per day) – All levels
Get your summertime yoga on!
Join me for a seven week series as we progressively unfold the secrets of vinyasa flow yoga. Come everyday or just drop in for a class or two. No enrollment required. Just show up and breathe.
Following the 75 minutes of asana (poses) practice, optional 15 minute mini-workshops will be offered covering a variety of topics including:
- Week 1: Alternatives to the vinyasa (sun salutation) including an easy-on-the-wrists and shoulders version and a seated version.
- Week 2: The secrets of the sequence – learn how a typical yoga class is structured.
- Week 3: Types of poses and their benefits. Overview of prana, chakras and nadis.
- Week 4: How to internalize what you learn so you can establish a fun and easy home practice.
- Week 5: Meditation and breath techniques.
- Week 6: The eight limbs – an overview of the philosophies and methods of yoga beyond the asanas.
- Week 7: Putting it all together.
A big thank you to Doug and Jamie for their donation of the space inside Skinny’s during the restaurant’s summer closure for local yoga! The deck will be scrubbed, squeaky clean and ready for us to greet the day with yoga.
See you with the sun!
Limited number of mats available. Please bring your own.